Intimage offers art therapy sessions for individuals, couples and children. Art therapy examines the emotional and mental aspects of pelvic health, sexuality, and relationship communication. It can be difficult at times to express mental health issues, but one of the essential keys to art therapy is that within each of us exists a fundamental creativity.
With the help of an art therapist, people use this creative language and art to identify and express their emotions in an effort to raise their level of consciousness. Through this process, people develop coping strategies, new ways of understanding themselves and of communicating with others. No artistic skill is required and anyone, regardless of age, can benefit from art therapy.
Here are some of the specific areas covered:
- Body image
- Intimate or sexual communication
- Dynamics of interpersonal relationships
- Relational stress
Pelvic Health and Sexuality
- Psychological effects of pain
- Psychosomatic symptoms
- Psychosexual development throughout life
- Sexual addiction
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Exploration of physical sensations or bodily changes and their impact on thoughts, emotions, behavior and identity
- Improved communication for individuals and couples, including sexuality and intimacy
- Identification of coping strategies to deal with challenges such as depression, stress and anxiety
- Proposal of integrated and personalized approaches to improve mental health well-being.